wamp issue-local host not working

Hello all,

I installed the latest version of wamp (2.1) from wampserver.com/en to my computer. When i click on local host I get the following message:The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And it still says offline. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I uninstalled several times. It is not working. I unchecked that 80 port thing in skype (which wasn't running). I turned my windows firewall off. I have the following protection on my computer: ads gone, pop up stopper, avira, malwarebytes. Also, that little shield is on top of my wamp icon on my desktop (think its the windows security shield)

once I tried to test a php page in dreamweaver cs5, I still got the local host error, so something is wrong.  Please help.

Does it work if you go to http://127.0.0.1/

If it does you will need to add

127.0.0.1    localhost

To your hosts file (located in C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc).

Also make sure the wamp taskbar icon is a white semi-circle. This indicates wamp is running. If it is red or yellow then this indicates wamp is not running or has encountered an error.

Yes it does. How do I add it or what exactly am I adding (typing it in)? just copy the url from firefox? please explain. Also, why would I have to do that? why isn't it working the normal way? (just curious)? so will this solve the issue of the php testing  page not working in dreamweaver live view? thanks so much.  :)

How do I add it or what exactly am I adding (typing it in)? just copy the url from firefox? please explain. Also, why would I have to do that? why isn't it working the normal way? (just curious)?

Just open the hosts file in notepad and add the following to it. Type it in or copy 'n paste it

127.0.0.1    localhost

That line is used to translate the localhost domain to its ipaddress (127.0.0.1).

There isn't a white semi circle, only the w symbol and it is yellow.

I've not used WAMP recently I guess the tray icon has changed. If its yellow then that indicates there is a problem. You may need to get help from the developers at wampserver.com

• 4 weeks later...

HI,THERE

i've jst installed wamp server2.1on my xp. but smhow icon on my taskbar is red .

and on opening local host it shows Oracle http server components instead of usual local host window.

even phpmyadmin window is also not opening .

I've tried to install it repeatedly but the same problem still persists.

kindly help ,urgently............  :( :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.