Automatically Putting a Noindex to Pages With No Content

zehrila

When i add a product page, it adds 5 other supplimental pages, now at times those pages have contnet to them, but in some products do not have the supplimental accessories to them, but my cms creates the additional pages any way.

So, i was hoing to put a noindex tag on the supplimental pages which do not have content, so that search engines do not waste time on those pages and index them, which in future might turn out to be a enalty for shallow or no content.

Is there any way to automatically put a Noindex tag to these supplimental pages, e.g if the supplimental page has no content, meta tell google to to noindex it.

Please help

Just a suggestion and assuming you have control over the page creation in your cms.

Create two files  meta.htm and meta_noindex.htm

Put the relevant meta tag value into each

If page content is blank then include meta_noindex.htm else include meta.htm

Hope this is helpful?

I don't have a control over page creation. When i add the product, these supplimental pages create on their own.

What i want is, i want a code, which will first check if the page has content, or has been assigned a specific id, if there is no content or assigned to a specific series, then show NoIndex in meta tag.

Someone please help me with that

Well it depends how much control you actually have over the pages. Can you open them and edit the code in them?  :-\

Yes i have full control over it, i can edit files and do every thing i want, i just don't know what code to insert. I will appreciate if you could spare sometime and help me with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.