Get Hotmail Contacts

ATLChris

I am trying to write a script that will allow people to invite friends from their address book to my site. I already have Gmail and Yahoo working through their respective API's, but I am having major issues with Hotmail (Live). I tried using their Live API but it only outputs email hashes to match emails, it doesn't actually allow you to access your contacts.

Does anyone know of a script or a way of accessing Hotmail contacts? Hotmail use to have a Contacts API, but that has been depreciated.

Maybe connect through an Exchange server and scrape the contacts? Curl/scrape the website?

I can't figure anything out and it has been 5 days. I am about to rip my hair out. Why doesn't dumbass Microsoft have API access to contacts anymore????

I am in the middle of a similar conquest, but for gmail. So far I have gotten as far as an XML dump of my contacts but there XML format is a pain in the ass to work with so I am stuck there. Anywho In my searches for what I am trying to achieve I have come cross pleanty of mention of doing it with AOL, Live, Hotmail, and various other services.. my suggestion would be start with using google. Search for "PHP cURL hotmail contacts" that may yield something. I wish you luck

Not sure what problems you are having with gmail, but I got it setup very easily using PHP oAuth (Truck) and Google's API.

I have searched Google for days looking for a solution, but none of the search results I came across still worked with the exception of OpenInviter.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.