PHP/MySQL Login Script

Mute

I've had a Google and come up short so was hoping someone here might have what I'm looking for. Right now we are using vBulletin as both our forum and also as our login/register/user management.

We're thinking of dropping vB just because our forum isn't used enough to warrant it. Thus, we would need a new login script etc. Rather than re-inventing the wheel and writing my own, I was hoping there was a generic script out there that people might be using that simplifies the whole process.

So basically it's would have a sample registration and login forms and a simple include file to carry user session info across multiple pages. Perhaps with periodic updates to stay on top of the latest security updates etc.

Built in Facebook Connect and other social network stuff would be another great asset.

Anyone come across anything like this?

There is no "simple" solution, just as there is no set standard for a login. Thats mostly due to everyone having a different system from the next persons (well in a matter of thinking, there are those upload, and click installable apps like vB, WP, SMF, etc..). But with that in mind its nearly impossible to just have a login that would just be upload and play for any given system cause how you structure your site might not support the concept well without making it.

The most basic of basic logins...

html side:
<form method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">
<input type="text" name="name" id="name" value="" />
<input type="password" name="pass" id="pass" value="" />
<input type="submit" name="submitLogin" id="submitLogin" value="Login" />
</form>

php side (same page):
<?php
if((isset($_POST['submitLogin']))||(!empty($_POST['submitLogin']))||(trim($_POST['submitLogin']) !== ""))
{
$errors = "none";
$msg = "";
    if((!isset($_POST['name']))||(empty($_POST['name']))||(trim($_POST['name']) == "")){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Name not provided<br />";}
    if((isset($_POST['pass']))||(!empty($_POST['pass']))||(trim($_POST['pass']) !== "")){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Password not provided<br />";}

if($errors == "none"){$_SESSION['loggedin']="yes";$msg = "Logged in...";}
echo $msg;
}
?>

lol I messed my own self up..

html side:
<form method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">
<input type="text" name="name" id="name" value="" />
<input type="password" name="pass" id="pass" value="" />
<input type="submit" name="submitLogin" id="submitLogin" value="Login" />
</form>

php side (same page):
<?php
if((isset($_POST['submitLogin']))||(!empty($_POST['submitLogin']))||(trim($_POST['submitLogin']) !== ""))
{
$errors = "none";
$msg = "";
    if((!isset($_POST['name']))||(empty($_POST['name']))||(trim($_POST['name']) == "")){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Name not provided<br />";}
else{if($_POST['name'] !== "my-username"){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Username not found<br />";}
if($_POST['pass'] !== "my-secret-password"){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Password not provided<br />";
}
    if((!isset($_POST['pass']))||(empty($_POST['pass']))||(trim($_POST['pass']) == "")){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Password not provided<br />";}else{if($_POST['pass'] !== "my-secret-password"){$errors = "yes";$msg .="Password does not match<br />";}
}

if($errors == "none"){$_SESSION['loggedin']="yes";$msg = "Logged in...";}
echo $msg;
}
?>

@monkeytooth:

Instead of:

it is easier and better to use:

if($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST'){

because IE does not put the button 'submitLogin' in the $_POST -array when you hit enter...

• 5 weeks later...

here is one that i am done with i left all the user information in it to help all of you, i think it is a good system.

All the user and password details are useless because this was on one of my testing servers

http://shift.site40.net/main/login2/login2.zip

this link will become invalid soon, like a month, well when i complete testing other scripts for me to use on my main website.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.