Change CSS if it is todays date...

gageorion

Hey Guys, I am not a dev, just a designer, so forgive the stupid question...this is rocket science to me, not for you, so thank you!

I need to have the date stamp change colors if it is today's date.    I have started, but I will not embarrass myself with the slop I have been attempting.  Here is what I do have, which simply returns the created date.  I want to hi-light todays posts.   

<span class="moduleItemDateCreated"> <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $item->created, JText::_('<span class="day">%d</span><span class="month">%b</span>')); ?></span>

Thanks geniuses. (I am going to school to learn web dev, just not there yet.)

Thanks for the response mikesta707!  I have included an image of the output.  The output WAS in this format Sunday, 26 June 2011 22:59  until I figured out how to use the %d %b to output what you see in the image, a 2 integer date and abbreviated month.  Currently there is an external style sheet, but I can just include it in the PHP with if / else statement... just need to get that far.  Does that help? Like I said, Im a noob. Thanks! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

ADDING TO PREVIOUS POST.  I should have learned more before posting...

<?php if($params->get('itemDateCreated')): ?>
     <span class="moduleItemDateCreated"> <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $item->created, JText::_('<span class="day">%d</span><span class="month">%b</span>')); ?></span>
      <?php endif; ?>

By adding this, <?php echo $item->created; ?> i can display the date in this format.  2011-07-03 05:13:29 so $item->created is the date I want to compare to today's date. 

I will get it eventually.

Thanks!

SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM.  For others that may possibly need an answer....

<?php $tdate = date('d M'); $createddate = strtotime($item->created);$cdate=date("d M",$createddate); ?>
<?php if($tdate == $cdate): ?>
      <span class="moduleItemDateCreatedToday"> <?php echo JHTML::_('date', $item->created, JText::_('<span class="day">%d</span><span class="month">%b</span>')); ?></span>
      <?php else:?>
      <?php endif; ?>

$item->created is a date from the database in the format y-m-d h:m:s.  I only wanted to compare the day and month, I am using a 'd M' (01 Jul) format.  By converting the format of $item->created to the "d M" format, I simply compared the two.  Now the current day's posts are highlighted in a different color.  May not be a big deal to you code wizards, but i didn't know crap about PHP a few hours ago.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.