reducing queries - mysql insert & foreach

perky416

Hi everyone.

Iv touched on something similar to this before however having come back to it after a while i dont fully understand it.

I have a website where people can add their domains. They add multiple domains in a text area. I have code that splits up each line of the text box and validates each domain etc...that is all working fine. Below is the code that I currently use to insert each domain into the database.

If the user adds 100 domains, i take it that the code below will execute 100 queries to write each domain?

Is it possible to execute only 1 query and add all the domains, each to a new row in the database?

$not_exists = array_diff(array_map('trim', $lines), $exists);
foreach ($not_exists as $domain){
mysql_query("INSERT INTO domains VALUES("'$domain'");
}

Thanks

Hi mate,

Thanks for the tip however that wasn't really what I was looking for. Im hoping to do it just by altering the code if its possible. I could have loads of users adding loads of domains all at the same time. I don't really want to be creating files on the server.

Thanks anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.