Script Output times out

Larry101

Hi - I have a script that does lots of work in loops in loop using a database. I have coded lots of echo's to out put as it goes, problem is.. it doesn't output until the very end of the task - whgick is OK on a short run, but when it processes a really long loop it just doesnt out put anything and gets stuck. I have tried ob_start and ob_flush but it didnt make any difference. Any ideas on how to make a long script process output as it goes?

I have striped the code to this... basically the on a long run the echos dont output and the browser gets stuck.

<?

$sql = "select * from table where processed_state = \"Pending\" limit 1000 ";   
    $qry = mysql_query($sql, $conn) or die ("FAILED: "  .mysql_error());

while($rows = mysql_fetch_assoc($qry)){ // loop through Pending data  - OUTTA LOOP *************************************************************

echo " OUTPUT DATA HERE";

for ($i=1; $i<=500; $i++){ // INNER LOOP ------------------------
                                     //more code
                                    //more code
                                     //more code
                                     //more code
                                   }  // for    - INNER LOOP ------------------------------------

//more code

//more code

//more code

}// while   - OUTTA LOOP ***********************************************************************************************************************

?>

I would need to see the entire for loop code in order to suggest methods of optimizing your code. As I see it now, you are looping a loop 500 times for each iteration of the while loop.....terrible idea, no wonder your memory expires

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.