Help making a form sticky

TOA

Hi.

I need some help. I don't know if I've just been staring at this for too long or what, but I can't figure out how to make the form below sticky (and by that I mean the values stay if there is an error and redirect). I get lost in all the arrays :)

Here's the code for my form:

$num = intval($_SESSION['num']);
if (isset($_SESSION['PlanError'])) { echo "$_SESSION[PlanError]<br />"; }
echo "<form action='' method='POST'>";
for ($i=1; $i < $num + 1; $i++) {
                      <table>
                      <tr><th>General Plan Info</th><th>Supplemental Benefits</th></tr>
                      <tr><td class="half">Plan Name <input type="text" name="<?php echo 'P['.$i.'][name]';?>" value="<?php  checkArraySticky('1', 'name'); ?>" /><br />
                      </table>
        }
      echo '<input type="submit" name="continue" value="  Continue  " class="button" /><input type="submit" name="save" value="   Save and finish later  " class="button"  />';
      echo "</form>";

There's a few more fields in there, but they're not needed for the example, they all work the same way.

So as you can see, the user post's a number from another script and this takes it and shows that many versions of it. So all the inputs are arrays like $P[1][name] for example (meaning plan 1 name)

I just can't figure out how to make it sticky. I tried throwing everything in a session but can't get it to work.

Here's what I tried to make it sticky:

function checkArraySticky($num, $value) {
if (isset($_SESSION['userVals']['P'][$num][$value])) { echo $_SESSION['userVals']['P'][$num][$value]; }
}

Any suggestions?

*** EDIT *** Nevermind, that worked, I just wasn't calling the function right

Where is uservals being set ?

Right before all that. It just takes the posted values and makes userVals out of it.

I got it though, you replied just as I figured it out.

Thanks for your response

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.