PHP and MySQL databases

Aeterna

Hello,

I'm currently trying to make a tracking program, which grabs a users experience from a website and inserts it into an MySQL database, I have that all working fine, but I'm kind of stumped on something.... I would like to be able to make it so that multiple trackers can be in play at one time, and multiple databases(?) would be used to hold the data.  Currently, what I have now, is "mron_tracker" as my database, "xxx" (1-25, all different words) are tables, and then the username and experience are held within the table.  What I'd like to do, or know how to do, is make it so that a new database "mron_tracker_x" is created when creating a new tracker.  I'd like it to work so that, when one tracker is created, its id is "1", the next one is "2", after that is "3", and so on.

Here's a picture of how the structure is in PHPMyAdmin:

3oYd.png

If someone could point me in the right direction as to what I should look for, I'd be extremely greatful.  If you need anything cleared up let me know and I'll do my best to explain it.

Thank-you in advance,

Ron

You want to create a whole new database for each tracker? Why not just add a 'tracker_id' column or something like that to these tables?

I need for there to be a separate database for each tracker because they're all different, and there's going to be quite a few of them.  If I was going to add a new column, and was to make it 'username_id', 'experience_id', how would I assign new ids to be 1 higher than the previous column?

Meaning, the first tracker is 'username_1', 'experience_1', then 'username_2', 'experience_2', and so on.

Create a table like this

table_trackers

-------------------------------------------------

id (INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY)

username (e.g. VARCHAR(255))

experience (whatever type this will be)

Just add new row for each tracker.

Sounds terrible that you would have to make a new database for every new entry. Totally terrible.

Create a table like this

table_trackers

-------------------------------------------------

id (INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY)

username (e.g. VARCHAR(255))

experience (whatever type this will be)

Just add new row for each tracker.

Sounds terrible that you would have to make a new database for every new entry. Totally terrible.

I see, so if I was to use an auto increment, how could I match the username and experience to that id? I'm sorry if the question is really silly, I've never really done MySQL so I don't completely understand tables/rows/columns (they all seem like the same thing to me).

The only way I know how to do stuff is to execute the query, such as this (may not be the best way but it's the best way I could think of):

function startTracker($database) {
global $skills, $participants;
for ($i = 0; $i < count($participants); $i++) {
	for ($a = 0; $a < count($skills); $a++) {
		mysql_query("INSERT INTO $skills[$a] (username, experience) VALUES ('$participants[$i]', '" . getStats($participants[$i], $a, 2) . "')");
	}
}
}

Then I grab it by:

function grabExperience($user, $table) {
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $table WHERE username='" . $user . "'"))) {
	return $row['experience'];
}
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.