good day: MySQL 5.5.8 on WAMP server 2.1 /problem "syntaxt error"/

Mustafa Kh.T

Good day to all.

I am kinda of new to MySQL and database. I am working on my personal training at the mean time.

MySQL 5.5.8 on WAMP server 2.1 has been working properly with my until an error occurred and it says:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1"

this is giving me a bit of a headache and I've been searching for the right solution but i can't find a correct and satisfying one.

now me questions are:

"How can I fix the syntax of MySQL 5.5.8 WAMP 2.1 to become the correct syntax?"

what if I can't fix the syntax, "Is there a way to fix this problem without having to go back to an older version??

Is there any suggestion towards the problem mentioned?

ps: i am using windows 7 32bits.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

warm regards

MKT.

That error is a generic - There is some sql syntax (or lack of) in your sql statement that is out of place. There is no one single solution you can search for to solve it because you must examine the actual sql statement to find what is wrong with it.

However, the part of the error message - the right syntax to use near '', generally means that a numerical value was missing.

You need to form the actual sql statement in a php variable (if it is not already) and echo that variable as part of your error reporting logic (the code that is displaying the current mysql error.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.