Stock on how to setup filesystem

Cineex

I'm setting up a new web hotel where i am doing all the code my self. But right now i'm stuck on how the file system should work.

First i thought of doing a vhost file for every host that register which would be nice because then you can have a lot of settings but then i would have to reload apache config after each config was mad or a cron job every 10 min or so and i don't want to do that. So instead i'm going with mod_vhost_alias. problem i have now is that i'm not sure how to setup the file system i want one user to be able to have more then one domain so i thought of doing something like:

/websites/domain.com/subdomain (i.e www.example.com should go to "/websites/example.com/www/"). Then i should make a home for each FTP user like "/ftpuser/<username>/" and there put a symbolic link to each domain folder. But chroot jail won't work with symbolic links.

any ides ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.