Connection Error

dudejma

I'm sure this is an obvious answer but I just can't find it. Mind you, it's one o'clock and I'm used to doing coding during the day, but what in the world am I missing? I know it's an obvious answer.

Error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'virtuala_test'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/virtuala/public_html/test/sql.php on line 10

sql.php:

<?php

$server = "localhost";
$db_user = "user";
$db_pass = "password";
$db_name = "name";

$con = mysql_connect($server, $db_user, $db_pass);

if (!$con) {
die ("An error has occured. Please contact the webmaster with the following error: " . mysql_error());
}

$con2 = mysql_select_db($db_name);

if (!$con2) {
die ("An error has occured. Please contact the webmaster with the following error: " . mysql_error());
}

?>

you just giving yourself extra step in your connection. y not just

$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'virtuala_test', 'password', 'dbname');
if(!$con)
{
}

that will connect and select the database.

for the error, try to log into your database with the user n password you're gave in the connection. Most likely, u gave the wrong password, or the suer 'virtuala_test' is spelled wrong :) or it has not been granted access to the database you're trying to select to use...

oh and try my method of connection, you might have some lucks :)

talking about luck, good luck!!!

you just giving yourself extra step in your connection. y not just

$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'virtuala_test', 'password', 'dbname');
if(!$con)
{
}

That wont work. mysql_connect doesn't have a fourth argument for selecting the database. You need to use mysql_select_db to connect to a database with the standard mysql function library.

oopsi, i meant:

<?PHP
$con = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'virtuala_test', 'password', 'dbname')
?>

That will work so long as the OP is using the mysqli library functions within their code. The functions for mysql and mysqli are not interchangeable. So if you're using mysqli_connect toconnect to mysql but use mysql_query to run a query it wont work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.