Backing up the Database PHP ??

radiations3

yes, it's possible, and yes, I back up my databases.

what I normally do is tar -czf the entire mysql folder.

I actually have a cron tab set up to do this every day at midnight.

you can do the same with php, or you could dump the database to a csv file.

yes, it's possible, and yes, I back up my databases.

what I normally do is tar -czf the entire mysql folder.

I actually have a cron tab set up to do this every day at midnight.

you can do the same with php, or you could dump the database to a csv file.

I got this code :

<?php
include 'config.php';
include 'opendb.php';

$dbuser = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbname = "bakery";

$backupFile = $dbname . date("Y-m-d-H-i-s") . '.gz';
$command = "mysqldump --opt -h $dbhost -u $dbuser -p $dbpass $dbname | gzip > $backupFile";
system($command);

include 'closedb.php';
?>

But when i run it i got following error messages kindly help to resolve them...

Warning: include(config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\DBMS\DB.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\DBMS\DB.php on line 2

Warning: include(opendb.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\DBMS\DB.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'opendb.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\DBMS\DB.php on line 3

Warning: include(closedb.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\DBMS\DB.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'closedb.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\DBMS\DB.php on line 14

because that script relies on 3 external files that you don't seem to have:

config.php, opendb.php and closedb.php

the error says: "No such file or directory"

I corrected it but now i am not able to see that where my backup file is getting saved i am very close to solve this problem kindly help

my current code:

<?php
//include 'config.php';
//include 'opendb.php';

$dbuser = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbname = "bakery";
$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass)  or die ('Error connecting to mysql');
mysql_select_db($dbname);

$backupFile = $dbname . date("Y-m-d-H-i-s") . '.gz';
$command = "mysqldump --opt -h $dbhost -u $dbuser -p $dbpass $dbname | gzip > $backupFile";
system($command);
//include 'closedb.php';
mysql_close($conn);
?>

this is all you need: (except you need to specify the path to mysqldump correctly)

$u = 'username';
$p = 'password';
$db = 'databasename';
system("/Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysqldump -u$u -p$p $db  > test.sql");

Did it what you told but a file of 0byte got saved named as test.sql

the you didn't do it properly. that EXACT same script worked for me. read my previous post again and locate where you mysqldump is, then replace the path with the correct one.

this: /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysqldump will only work if you're on a Mac using Mamp. You need to specify YOUR path.

the you didn't do it properly. that EXACT same script worked for me. read my previous post again and locate where you mysqldump is, then replace the path with the correct one.

this: /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysqldump will only work if you're on a Mac using Mamp. You need to specify YOUR path.

How can i specify my path?? So that i'll use the right path to process my code properly???

Well thanks all for helping me out i'll try to google it to solve my issue....

I gave you the answer. If you can't find the path to your mysqldump, google won't help you much.

Actually i am a newbie so i am not very good at it ... so i am trying to find some other to backup the database you really helped me out at your level best but due to my lack of knowledge i am not able to solve my issue....

Thank You for the help!!!

you found this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.6.0\mysql\bin\mysqldump.exe

then you used this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-5.3.6.0\mysql\bin\mysqldump

See what's wrong there?

I TRIED BOTH ABOVE MENTIONED PATH AND I AM NOT GETTING WHY THE BACKUP IS NOT CREATING :(

IF YOU HAVE ANY PHP FILE FOR BACKING UP THE DATABASE THEN KINDLY SHARE IT I'LL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.