Array iteration to tablr creation issue

kiwimediapro

Hi guru's,

I have a particular problem i cant seem to get the better of it. I just cant see the solution.

I have the code bellow which itterates through an array to create a 3 column table for each year with x no of rows of data and a Totals row to sum each column. The totals have been done via sql and are already in the array dso no need to calculate them just display them as a table footer for each year.

Problem is that because that it misses doing the first year totals and attaches the second years to the first and so on. I beleive the issue is with my iteration loop writing out the HTML but cant see it. :-)

Below is the code

<?php 

if( !empty($data)){

//$lastmonth=NULL;
	$lastyear = NULL;
foreach($data as $row) {
    if ($row['year'] != $lastyear) {
  echo (!$lastyear==NULL ? " <tfoot><tr style='font-weight:bold;font-size:12px'><td>Totals</td><td>".$row['year_totalsales']."</td><td>$".$row['year_amount']."</td></tr></tfoot></table></div>" : NULL);
        echo " <h3><a href='#'>",$row['year']," - Total Amount ",$row['year_totalsales']," Total Sales $",$row['year_amount'],"</a></h3><div><table width='100%'><tr><th colspan=3></th></tr><tr><th>Month</th><th>Amount</th><th>Sales</th></tr>";
    $lastyear = $row['year'];

}
		echo "<tr><td>", $row['month'], "</td><td>", $row['month_amount'], "</td><td>", $row['month_total_sales'], "</td></tr>";

}//--end foreach
		//$lastyear = NULL;
   // if ($row['year'] != $lastyear) {
        //echo (!empty($lastyear)) ? '</table></div>' : NULL;
        echo " <tfoot><tr style='font-weight:bold;font-size:12px'><td>Totals</td><td>",$row['year_totalsales'],"</td><td>$",$row['year_amount'],"</td></tr></tfoot>";

//}

echo "</table></div>";	

}

?>					

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.