Dont quiet understand

Phpfr3ak

$sql = "UPDATE players SET is_banned = 1 WHERE id = $id";
mysql_query($sql);

Sorry really not all that great i want to also ban MASTERPLAYERID i assumed it would be;

$sql = "UPDATE players SET is_banned = 1 WHERE id = $id AND WHERE MASTERPLAYERID = $MASTERPLAYERID";
mysql_query($sql);

But its not could someone inform me how to pull this off, Thanks.

Really vague there.  We don't know what MASTERPLAYERID is, where it is stored, or how it is populated.  If you ban a player in the players table, and the database is normalized, then you should have no problem enforcing the ban anywhere in the script.

sorry for being so vague MASTERPLAYERID is in the player table, its basically used to control more than one account without having to use a password that works fine, the ban works as is just using;

$sql = "UPDATE players SET is_banned = 1 WHERE id = $id";
mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());

But id also like it to ban everyone with thesame MASTERPLAYERID as well as the id that im banning. hope this makes more sense?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.