Open Source Shopping Cart Suggestion - some abnormal requirements

lampstax

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a shopping cart ( preferably open source and PHP ) that supports a few uncommon features.  I spent most of yesterday digging through the various php carts ( os commerce, zen cart, ect ) and didn't find much useful things.    As far as I can tell, all these things will need to be customized so my best bet would be to find a cart that support modules .. almost like a Drupal or Wordpress of ecommerce.

BUT hopefully I'm wrong and there is something out there already that supports:

Advanced user roles controls / customization.

One of the user role ( lets call them creators ) should be able to create a shopping cart list, save the cart and generate a code.

Another user role ( lets call them purchasers ) should be able to input the cart code, and automatically have all items in that saved cart added to their own cart to proceed with checkout.

A royalty program

If a creator generated a cart code that lots of people use to purchase, we need to track this information to give them a royalty at the end of the month.

Thanks for your help.

I've managed 1 ecommerce site in my life and I used osCommerce. I loved it once I got the hang of things. That took a couple of weeks, but after that point I was modifying it like crazy to suit my needs, and I am sure that your needs could be met with it, albeit, it would take a considerable amount of modification and wouldn't be right out of the box. I don't know your programming experience for if that would be an issue or not. If you are an experienced coder, osCommerce is a breeze to modify.

Thanks for everyone's suggestion, I have been slammed at work so it took me a while to get back to this project. 

From playing with the demo, Margento is my front runner.  It has built in user group functionality so I think i can build off that much faster than customizing OSCommerce or Hika.

Will play around with that more and let you know if I run into any issues.

Cheers!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.