GUI to php

dotkpay

Hello,

I have been programming in php for one and a half years now and am fluent at the language thanks to phpfreaks among other factors. But I now need to start developing standalone GUI apps that connect to a php program and database over a network. I need the GUI apps to be touchscreen enabled and have all the features associated with rich interfaces.

What programming language would I have to learn, I have looked up php-gtk but it doesn't seem that capable since its still under development and it involves installing the php interpreter. I have also come to know of WinBinder (winbinder.org) but its not for development of stand alone apps, instead it also involves running apache and so on.

So could you please help me know which language I can use to develop GUI apps to connect to php programs over a network.

Thanks in advance

You don't need to do anything new because it's a touchscreen. Instead of clicking on buttons with a mouse your now tapping on a screen. PHP is probably not the best language for this since it runs in a browser (unless they are fine with just launching a browser on the touchscreen system and pressing F11 for full-screen).

VB.NET will help you hit the ground running, same goes for Java+Swing. You could also try Ruby or Python.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.