Joomla: How to Display Content Based on URL? How to Add Custom PHP Tags in URL?

jbenes

Hi all. I have had my share of time with Joomla, however this time I have really hit a wall. I want to display something based only on URL, more specifically, I want to display it on the home page only. I have done research online and I have found that if there are any identifiers in the URL then I can use those to affect what content is displayed.

The problem is when someone visits www.mapesaltillotile.com, there are no variables in the URL and I only want the image changer to display on the home page. I need a way to either automatically add an identifier or some get the URL and use that.

Is this possible?

anything is possible.

You could add custom code to your modules, or your template. Or use a component named Jumi which allows you add php and javascript within articles and modules without them being sanitized. Have  a look in Jumi, it's great. (keep in mind though don't allow normal or registered users to use this or your website is brought to ground within the day.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.