Execuatble php file

Nodral

Hi all

I am trying to automate a process and need to know if it is possible to create an exe file which will run a php file for me.

I've had a bit of a google, but as I don't understand command line stuff, I'll struggling to mae head nor tail of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

If You are using Windows, you could create a batch script to run the php script for you. I'm a little rusty on it but if you open up a new file, paste this:

@echo off

php "C:\Path_to_your_script\script.php"

and save it as a .bat file, you can double click it and it will run. Just make sure you have PHP installed.

I've tried this, and it runs fine when double clicked.

However, I am trying to set it up as a rule in Outlook to perform an action when I receive an email each day.  There is an error appearing in the command window but it pops up and closes so quick that I have no idea what the issue is.

Any ideas how I can either slow it down, keep the window open or another method?

Essentially what a .bat file does when it is run, is takes each line and runs it as a command in command prompt. What you could do for testing is just open up a command prompt window (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt) and paste the line:

php "C:\Path_to_your_script\script.php"

The command prompt window will stay open so you can see any error that is reported. If you see any errors you can post them and I can try to resolve them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.