Ajax response problem (php include file prime suspect..)

karlm

Hello, gonna make this as simple as possible. I apparently receive two different responses. The only difference is that I 'include' a seperate class in the second attempt (which I do not even use) and in the first attempt I leave the 'include' file out. Heres some code.

js/ajax.js file

" $.ajax({

type: "GET",

url: "classes/login.php",

data:  'password=kebab',

success: function(resp){

alert(resp); // see

if(resp == "denied"){

alert('you are not allowed in here!');

}else{

alert('welcome master!');

}

}, 

error: function(e){ 

alert('Error: ');

});

"

Then the FIRST attempt 'login.php' file.

"

<?php

require_once 'dbQuery.php';                            // dbQuery.php file does not affect the outcome

//require_once 'an_empty_file.php';                // in the first attempt I have removed this file from being included.

$obj = new dbQuery();

$sql = "SELECT * FROM users WHERE password='".$password."';";    // the password in the database is infact "pizza", kebab was never found.

$result = $obj->getDbQuery($sql);

if (mysql_num_rows($result)) {  // if the password was found then TRUE

$echo = "granted";

} else{                                        // password not found, buhu

$echo = "denied";

}

echo $echo;

?>

"

In this attempt (ther one above). It worked the alert() I had put in the ajax function reads out "denied".

Second attempt is exactly the same but I have included the 'an_empty_file.php'. Here is that file.

classes/an_empty_file.php

"

<?php

?>

"

What makes this all weird?

In the second attempt with the file included, the alert() ALSO reads out "denied". So both attempts return the exact same string/text "denied". But when arriving to my if function the first attempt reads out "'you are not allowed in here!", while the second one reads out "welcome master!".

I have tried include and require_once. It is weird that my connection class works. but not the other file? Where have I messed up?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.