not sure what im doing wrong or what im missing..

dominic600

well when i am in my forum thing and i go to click on a 'topic' it says no topic exists. and there is one there idk what im missing in the code to make it view it in my table..

<?php require("top.php");

?>
<div id='content'>

<div id='homepageright'>
<?php

include_once("scripts/connect.php");

if($username){

$cid = $_GET['cid'];
$tid = $_GET['tid'];

$sql = "SELECT * FROM topics WHERE category_id='".$cid."' AND id='".$tid."' LIMIT 1";
$res = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());

if(mysql_num_rows($res) == 1){

echo "<table width='100%'>"; 
if($username){
echo "<tr><td colspan='2'><input type='submit' value='Add Reply' onClick=\"window.location = post_reply.php?cid=".$cid."&tid=".$tid."\" /><hr /> ";
}

While ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res)) {
$sql2 = "SELECT * FROM posts WHERE category_id='".$cid."' AND topic_id= '".$tid."'";
$res2 = mysql_query($sql2) or die(mysql_error());
while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_assoc($res2)) {
echo "<tr><td valign='top' style='border: 1px solid #000000;'><div style='min-height: 125px;
'>".$row['topic_title']."<br /> by ".$row2['post_creator']." - ".$row2['post_date'].
"<hr /> ".$row2['post_content']."</div></td><td width='200' valign='top' 
align='center' style='border: 1px solid #000000;'>User Info Here</td></tr><tr><td 
colspan='2'><hr /></td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

}

}

else{
echo "This Topic Does Not Exist.";
}

}
else{
echo "You Must Be Logged In To Continue.";
}
?>
</div>
<div id='homepageleft'>
<?php

?>
</div>

</html>
</body>

Nope. As you can see there is no ID. You should be sanitizing your input before even using.

You shouldn't need a LIMIT in your query. There should one be one value for the category id and thread id. Both these columns in the database should be unsigned integers. The topic id should be auto-increment. Your topic is should NEVER be 0.

<?php
// sanitize your input! without intval I could perform an sql injection so easy!
$cid = intval($_GET['cid']);
$tid = intval($_GET['tid']);

// numbers dont need single quotes and double quoted strings parse variables.
$sql = "SELECT * FROM topics WHERE category_id = $cid AND id = $tid";
$res = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());
?>

And I don't understand the logic of your code one bit. If you're grabbing one thread, why are you using a while loop? And why are you querying the same data twice?

EDIT:

And the reason $cid has both your url parameters is because your it looks something like this: cid=36=6

It should look like this: cid=36&tid=6

The ampersand is essential.

That's because you aren't paying attention. Your link needs to show something like: cid=36&tid=6 so that you can GET the cid AND the tid.

You should also make sure the IDs aren't negative values.

if ($cid <= 0 )
{
die("This is not a valid Category ID")
}
if ($tid <= 0 )
{
die("This is not a valid Topic ID")
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.