Query help, 2 databases

jaylam13

Hi,

Can anyone help please, I want to reference a field from one database to another.

So I have two databases:

db1 has tables called ID and Name

db2 has tables called ID and Stock

In db1 the ID field is a number and the name is the Name of that item.

In db2 the fields are populated by people selecting items from a drop down list box which is populated via db1.  The ID field in db2 is just a auto incremented number and the Stock becomes the ID of what every they have selected from the drop downlist box populated by db1.

This works but when the user views his stock obviously it just shows a number what I would like the query to do is grab Stock value from db2, look that up in db1 as it will match a ID then use the Name for the item from db1.

I hope this makes sense, is it possible if so how do I go about it.....im confused.

Thanks in advance

Jay

This works but when the user views his stock obviously it just shows a number what I would like the query to do is grab Stock value from db2, look that up in db1 as it will match a ID then use the Name for the item from db1.

well since both tables have the same number of columns here.. a UNION will work. unless im misunderstanding the OP

well... seems to me that you did

well since both tables have the same number of columns here.. a UNION will work. unless im misunderstanding the OP

well... seems to me that you did

yep i did..  :P

JOIN

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.