Is HTML is helpful for PhP ?

fredrikrob

not really sure what you are asking here.. if you are asking what prerequisites you need to learn PHP, you really should know at least HTML, Javascript and CSS.. but i suppose they are not necessary to learn PHP in itself.. however PHP coincides with these languages for designing/programming websites..

The follow items are separate languages and technologies that have nothing to do with each other at the fundamental level:

PHP

MySQL

Regular Expressions

HTML/CSS

JavaScript/AJAX/Jquery

Those items above, when combined properly by a person skilled in all 5 of them, create a fully functioning website. They are NOT the same language, and an expert in one of them is not necessarily an expert in another. Most of the moderators of the PHP boards are experts in all 5 simply through virtue of experience (and being awesome). What most new developers fail to understand is that PHP doesn't "know" anything about your HTML form or your MySQL database. PHP "knows" only PHP things. You must tell it, specifically and explicitly, if you want it to fetch information from a database, or receive information from an HTML form.

If you want to make a web page you need to know HTML.  If you want to make a DYNAMIC web page you need to know some server-side language such as PHP.  You need both.

-Dan

The follow items are separate languages and technologies that have nothing to do with each other at the fundamental level:

PHP

MySQL

Regular Expressions

HTML/CSS

JavaScript/AJAX/Jquery

Those items above, when combined properly by a person skilled in all 5 of them, create a fully functioning website. They are NOT the same language, and an expert in one of them is not necessarily an expert in another. Most of the moderators of the PHP boards are experts in all 5 simply through virtue of experience (and being awesome). What most new developers fail to understand is that PHP doesn't "know" anything about your HTML form or your MySQL database. PHP "knows" only PHP things. You must tell it, specifically and explicitly, if you want it to fetch information from a database, or receive information from an HTML form.

If you want to make a web page you need to know HTML.  If you want to make a DYNAMIC web page you need to know some server-side language such as PHP.  You need both.

-Dan

Thanks for the reply.

I have basic knowledge in HTML and CSS and i use to create some website for testing in Html. But thanks to let me know that i need to learn MysQl and java script/ ajayx/jquery. Thank for the advise.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.