Need help please

dragonflare

Hello guys,

I am making a website for my school to reserve a pc for a student. We have many labs thats why.

Now the thing is, after the user has chosen his suitable lab, suitable pc in the lab, and suitable time and date he wants to use that particular pc, all that info will get recorded in a mysql database.

Problem is, all these pc are under domain of window server 2003 and i am confused as to how can we code in such a way that, suppose i book a pc for myself on lab 4 on friday 10 am.

and some other user comes at that time and tried to logon, it shoud not allow him to do so. As it was booked for me.

Is it possible to do such a thing with php? I am sorry but i am not a master in php but i do want to learn a lot.

I dont expect any code, but just a concept or an algorithm if this is possible with php would really help me.

Thanks a lot for all your help!  :D

Its possible mate, the problem is your schools login probably uses some Novell/Windows domain system for login, which you will find difficult to ingrate with. What you could do is use PHP to perform system calls, and you'd have to find out what those system calls are need authentication passwords which the skool admin might not give you.

So you are attempting to actually lock the computer down until the person who has booked it logs in?

No, basically the pc is available to each user for max 2 hour per day. And if a person doesnt show up withing 10 minutes of his assigned time, the pc is free to be used by anyone.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.