display JavaScript events in Chrome

gamblor01

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good way to track the events that get fired inside of a page?  I am working on something at work and I'm not sure if I have discovered a bug in Chrome or not.  The problem ONLY occurs in Chrome (and Chromium) on Linux -- when running Chrome in Windows it does not occur.  We have an event handler and I am showing the events that we are receiving in a div.  We are overriding the default right-click menu in the browser, so when you right-click you will not see the options "Back, Forward, Reload, etc."  Instead you see our own context menu.  The crazy thing is that in Linux, if you click near the top of the screen, the context menu will open BELOW the current location of the mouse pointer and the mouseup event fails to fire.  If you click low enough on the screen such that the context menu must open above the mouse pointer, then mouseup fires correctly.

Also, I have noticed that blur isn't always being called correctly, so in a special admin mode that we have, the context menu will open but never gets focus.  Thus, the element BEHIND it (which was the element where the right-click was executed) is still in focus and you can drag it around the page.

I think that ultimately I need to report this to Google as a bug but first I need:

a) a simple example (since they obviously won't have access to our application) -- this is something I have to come up with on my own

b) a simple way to show the events being fired in the browser (since my current example requires use of my application which again -- developers won't have access to)

Is there an extension I can run or something in the dev tools that can show the events being processed?  Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.