Make banner not to get out of the wrap id

Dragosvr92

Hello,

The Google Ads banner from my site header gets outside of the main body and makes the page look all messy on computers under 1152x864.  Could anyone please tell me what could i do to override the extra part of the banner by the wrap id ?

Thank You.

EDIT:

The site with the issue is in my profile.

If folks don't respond, it's usually a question of them not knowing an answer. Same here. The Land of the Dead image has a declared width, but the Google div does not, and neither do any of its content elements. Still, it behaves as if it has a declared width. The only reason I can think of is that it keeps its originally computed width because it is nested in a table cell. There are many problems with table rendering, so I wouldn't be surprised if divs won't shrink if the table (cell) shrinks.

What does work here is giving the Google div a width, small enough to be accommodated on a 1024 or 980 computer.

Well i have added width: 650px; and looks right in 1024. But theres too much empty space on higher resolutions.

Cant i just make it to auto set its width so that it will not leave the #wrap{} ?

Another question.. The Google banner is a bit too on right.. And it leaves a small empty space btw the logo and the "table" of    "Google Ads". Any ideas how to move it ?

This question suggests that you had the forum installed by (a function of) your host (account) but know next to nothing of CSS:

The Google banner is a bit too on right.. And it leaves a small empty space btw the logo and the "table" of    "Google Ads". Any ideas how to move it ?

Your issue is that it "makes the page look all messy", forgive me for not understanding this comment which of course is a standardized descriptive of problems in web design. I'll have to read up on that topic.

As for what element to apply the CSS to, you have a problem in that there are no IDs or classes you can use to specifically target the banner, so it will be hard to set something specifically to that area without catching something else as well. You also have a problem in that the CSS for the banner is written inline, which means that you will not be able to externally override any of the styles that have been set inline.

What? I know where my theme is located at.  :o :o :o:confused:

Then you shouldn't write: "I dont know how/where to add CSS on there to affect the Google Logo".

What i dont know, is on what to add CSS to affect the Banner area. What HTML Element do i apply CSS on?

Another question that makes clear that you should do a proper course in HTML/CSS, but the CSS should be applied to a to the logo newly assigned ID. (My Firebug doesn't show any inline CSS, Haku?)

Okay, i have figured out how to move the logo a bit on left to fit my div better.

I have done it by using this:

ins #aswift_0_anchor{
position:static!important;
}

And changed the width and height from the line that Haku gave. Fits alot better now.

That thing is produced by the Google Code. Thats whats sortof confusing me.

I cant add CSS on the div to controll the Banner....

What i still dont know, is how could i make the Div cover the banner, so it wont extend outside the page, if the reasolution is under 1152x864

You have the following inline styling:

<span style="display:block; width:718px; height:86px; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center; 
background-image:url('./styles/LOTD/imageset/ps_logo3.png');">
    <script type="text/javascript"><!-- 
google_ad_client = "pub-6144115669443786";google_ad_slot = "5556316332";google_ad_width = 728;google_ad_height = 90;//--></script>
    <script src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type="text/javascript">
    </script>
</span>

The width declaration is the culprit. Now, I've tried to give it 100% width, to make it flexible, but it doesn't respond to that. I would suggest to make your layout a fixed-width layout, optimized for 1024x768, so with a fixed width of some 1000px. That way you will also prevent the text lines from becoming too long, which makes reading awkward.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.