--------

A

B

C

D

There are other fields from other columns on this same line:

A | Active | Always

This procedure would be similar to:

ALTER TABLE (table) CHANGE COLUMN (column) (new column name) (type) AFTER (column);, but for a field instead of a column.

In database terminology, there are rows and there are columns/fields. Columns and fields are the same thing and are interchangeable names that refer to the columns/fields that exist in a table. Think of rows going down the page and columns/fields going across the page.

Also, you don't alter your table structure to get your columns/fields or rows to be in a particular order, you do that in your query.

I'm guessing that your example actually refers to the value in different rows. To get a result set to be in any particular order, you would use an ORDER BY some_column term in your query.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.