can a Flash 8 FLA file be saved as a Flash MX format ?

jasonc

I have had someone, who was using Flash 8, create an animation.  But they can not finish the rest of the project as they do not understand a web page link I gave that explains how to do something else needed doing to it.  So wanted to find out if it is possible to have this Flash 8 FLA file saved as a Flash MX format or maybe in a default FLA format that can be read be newer versions of Flash so the finial part of the project can be finished by anyone that has Flash CS5 or later if there is any.  I do not have Flash 8 or the latest version due to the cost factor, but I do still have my own Flash MX I have had for years.  So looking to hopefull complete this project myself but wanted to find out if and how my original designer could save the file in a format so this I can alter it in MX or get someone with a later version to do it for me.

• 1 month later...

It would be best to download at least the trial version of Flash8 and make the changes required.

If you did save it to work in FlashMX, it could lose any functionality that the newer Flash8 provides.

You can only save Flash 8 FLAs to one prior version, which is Flash MX 2004, by doing a File | Save As

Then would have to repeat the same process to make it from Flash MX 2004 to Flash MX

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.