Audio Analysis on the Web - Which Language?

Glese

With which programming language, can I analyze the audio to its distortion levels and the volume progress, meaning how the volume is progressing throughout the audio file and also how long the audio file is.

I do want to use these analysis procedures as an audio file upload validation mechanism.

In this sense, my question is, with which language can I achieve this on the web?

To gather data about user's submissions?

This could be quite resource heavy. Either way... The way to go (In my opinion) would be to look into normal audio libraries (think unix command line). As I doubt it would be implemented natively in PHP.

Though, the question is, in which programming language would be done those libraries.

It shouldn't make a difference as long as they provide the functionality you require.

You would have to use the shell interface to interact with them.

Here's an article that was posted just today regarding shell interface with php (http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Executing-Shell-Commands-with-PHP/)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.