Making a script loader with jQuery

DWilliams

First things first I'm terrible with JavaScript so I'm muddling through almost everything I do with it :D

My basic goal here is that I need to "include" a list of JS files into my main file and pause execution of my main script until they're loaded. After some googling I've found jQuery's getScript() method. I tried to make a script loader function based on my (working) image preloader.

Here's my code:

function loadScripts(callback)
{
var scripts = new Array('cCell.js', 'cPlayer.js');

var loadedScripts = 0;	
var numScripts = scripts.length;

for(var i = 0;i < numScripts;i++)
{
	$.getScript(resPath + 'js/' + scripts[i], function() {
		if(++loadedScripts >= numScripts)
			callback();
	});
}
}

resPath is defined outside that function but I have checked to verify the paths it creates is a valid path to my script. No matter what I try, the callback never seems to get called.

At first I had resPath set to be a complete URL to my resource folder. I read somewhere that JS has security features to prevent executing code from a remote URL or something so I tried replacing it with both relative and absolute paths to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.