Need PHP Ideas!

jackwilsdon

Hello PHPFreaks :)

I am just posting to ask if anyone has any php ideas they want making, or if they have any ideas at all,

I'm a newbie-ish web designer with css/html/php/mysql experience, I would just like something to do in my free time.

Something sort of simple... If that makes sense xD

So, Please reply!

Thanks

- Jack

EDIT: If this is not under the correct topic, please move it. :D

I have been searching for this as well.

Unfortunately I haven't really come up with anything that hasn't already been beaten to death.

If you just want something to do for self pride and the learning experience and don't really care if anyone ever sees it, then make a framework or a CMS. They are an excellent way to learn some of the more advanced PHP and database techniques. Download all of the common frameworks (CodeIgniter, Kohana, Fuel, Cake...) and spend a week (or more if you need) reading all of the code and getting a good understanding of how each works and how they differ. Then take ideas from all of them and create your own. Do the same for a CMS if you prefer.

You can also find an existing open source application and contribute code to it. There are a plethora of forum software, frameworks, content management systems, blog software that need bug fixes and such. Look around on github for projects to work on.

Thanks for the reccomendations, But I would like to make something with a tiny bit of function, which one(or more) of your suggestions have :L I want to do something nobody has commonly done before is the problem :/

See my site for one thing I made that I haven't seen before :D It's a bit pointless though :P

http://x12creations.comyr.com/blog/?page_id=92

It selects random things to talk about from a file and prints them.

Here is the file;

http://x12creations.comyr.com/dictionary.php

(sorry about it being PHP and the no new lines, but my host does not allow for txts to be opened by the public, although PHP can access it, I want to show and edit it.)

- Jack

There's not a whole lot left that hasn't been done to some degree.

So, find a niche for something. Figure out who your competition is, and do it better. Read reviews about your competition and find out all the things people don't like about it or want to see in a future release. Include your competitions features and improve on them if possible. Find ways to make your application easier and more enjoyable to use.

You have to figure out the idea for the project yourself. That way, it will be something you want to do and are passionate about it.

Hello PHPFreaks :)

I am just posting to ask if anyone has any php ideas they want making, or if they have any ideas at all,

I'm a newbie-ish web designer with css/html/php/mysql experience, I would just like something to do in my free time.

Something sort of simple... If that makes sense xD

So, Please reply!

Thanks

- Jack

EDIT: If this is not under the correct topic, please move it. :D

so you want to take someone elses idea because you can't create any of your own?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.