Adding Uploading/Scanning screen for website

kaosjon

i am currently trying to add a uploading/scanning screen to my file upload site, (just to be clear i need the 'design' part of it, like actually displaying the box not anything to do with the scanners, or implementing the scanners, just a box that says scanning with a scanning gif next to it). Pretty much my site allows people to upload files which scans them and then displays the result. All the scanners are up and working but i am trying to add this scanning page. I want it to look a bit like this when you upload a file - www.virustotal.com

How would I be able to do this? You don't have to be very specific just like what programming languages, or any examples of code, to help me, i don't really know where to start.

Here is my website www.zerovirus.org

Thanks for your help

Hi thanks for the reply, but my website already uplaods files, i just want to make it look more professional, so when the file is uploading a box appears in the middle of the screen saying something like scanning/uploading, i want to be able to code this myself. Any ideas on how i can do that?

It's just the front end. The back end can still be the same as you have it. Uploadify will add progress bars and other optional things.

But the point here is that you basically want a modal dialog with an upload progress bar, no? I'm pretty sure you could easily extend Uploadify to do that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.