Fire up the old Apple ][ for a little old fashion text gamin'

Arty Ziff

Somewhere in West Philadelphia, you will find an old basketball court with a single ball lying in the middle. Pick it up and start shooting hoops. After a while, a small group of hooligans will approach you and challenge you to a fight, which you must accept.

After the fight, you must go home and relay the events to your mother. She will then inform you that you have an aunt and uncle living in one of the districts of Los Angeles, and out of fear, she will sned you there for an indefinite period of time.

With your bags packed, go to the street corner, and whistle for a cab. The cab that will pull up will bear the word FRESH on the license plate, and upon closer inspection, novelty fuzzy dice will be hanging in the mirror.

Although you will suddenly realize that cabs like these are extreamly hard to find, do not bear any thought to it.

At this point, you MUST point in front of the car and say "Yo homes, to Bel Air".

You will stop in front of a mansion, and it will be something between 7 and 8 o'clock, even though it will feel like you've been traveling mere seconds.

Get your luggage out and say "Yo homes, smell ya later!", but do NOT turn back to face the cabby.

Walk up to the door, look over your shoulder once, and then knock on the door three times.

If you follow these instructions, your life will get flip-turned upside-down.

My mom, who is quite computer savvy, that is to say not your normal mom/grandma - she ain't no Luddite, used an Apple ][ for her word processing well past when most people had moved on to a Mac or PC, simply because so much of her writing was in that format, and she was proficient on the word processor.

I think the main thing that sealed the purchase of a PC was that it became hard to find working peripherals and of course the death of the floppy...

I wrote a program to convert her files to Word (this was before Open Office).

I played quite a few games on the Apple, my favorite being The Bilestoad.

And, I'm DEEPLY sorry for inflicting the Fresh Prince on this board, please do not ban me...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.