problem searching

abrahamgarcia27

I am trying to perform a search but it doesn't see to pass through i thing its because of this \ does any one know how i can pass this trought to search in mysql table

12\019PB (i cant search this item)

$searchlading = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['searchlading']) ; // get the query for the search engine (if applicable)
$trimmed = trim($searchlading); //trim whitespace from the stored variable
//query for pedimento
$sql_ped = "SELECT order_id, bill_of_lading, pedimento_num FROM `".TABLE_ORDERS."` WHERE bill_of_lading LIKE '%$trimmed%'";

is probably because i have a mess in my code. :( Well maybe you can spot something or maybe i am doing it wrong

i have two tables one order and order_details

so i need to get a record from the order table and then bring that record  back to order_details

so this is how it works

Search Bill Of Lading -> (go to order table) Get Order ID -> (go to order details table) -> Get all records for that order

so i did this

$searchlading = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['searchlading']) ; // get the query for the search engine (if applicable)
$trimmed = trim($searchlading); //trim whitespace from the stored variable
//query for pedimento
$sql_ped = "SELECT order_id, bill_of_lading, pedimento_num FROM `".TABLE_ORDERS."` WHERE bill_of_lading LIKE '%$trimmed%'";
$record_ped = $db->query_first($sql_ped);

//query for item details
$sql_order = "SELECT order_details_id, order_id, product_id, po_num, warehouse_num, vendor_id FROM `".TABLE_ORDERDETAILS."` WHERE order_id = $record_ped[order_id] ORDER BY order_details_id DESC LIMIT 150";
$rows_order = $db->fetch_all_array($sql_order);
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.