PHP and HTML flow control

vedder

Hi guys!

First of all I'd like to thank you for reading my question. I think it's a basic one indeed!

I've started to learn php and wanted to code a small game in html + php.

The principle is basic:

I generate two random numbers between 1 and 10, $a and $b.

I keep its sum in $result=$a+$b

I echo them to the screen and ask the user to input their sum in an html form input field with a submit button.

When I receive the value from the html form I want to compare if the user input is equal to the sum of the two numbers presented. What happens is that when I hit the submit button the browser reads all the code again and generates two new numbers $a and $b and I cannot compare if what the user inputted is true or not because the browser reads all the file.

My question is how can I control the flow of the program to avoid it. Any tips for a  newby like me?  :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.