Some Easy questions regarding PHPMYADMIN and PHP?

radiations3

Hi,

Q1: I want to know can i import an sql file whse size is more than 10 MB because on my PHPMyadmin it shows as (Max: 8,192KiB)

(If so then how??)

Q2: Can i create a backup of my database just like its being done via cron jobs when i am using it locally on my Personal computer and the backup of my database keeps on saving as SQL file (lets say) in my D: drive??

(If so then How??)

You can change the php.ini file and search for the post_max_size and upload_max_filesize update these two with the required sizes you require and restart the apache.

Example :

post_max_size = 999M

upload_max_filesize = 999M

For the second question you can try something like this.

consider you have xampp installed in your system.

c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqldump.exe -uroot -ppassword --databases xyzdb > d:\bkup\xyzdb.sql

copy this same to a txt file and rename it as a bat and then try using the scheduler under the control panel to run it at a timed interval

For the second question you can try something like this.

consider you have xampp installed in your system.

c:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqldump.exe -uroot -ppassword --databases xyzdb > d:\bkup\xyzdb.sql

copy this same to a txt file and rename it as a bat and then try using the scheduler under the control panel to run it at a timed interval

I just want to point out that you don't need to have Xampp installed to use mysqldump. You just need the mysqldump client.

Also, you can use the -P (port) and -h (host) flags to get a dump from a remote server.

I just want to point out that you don't need to have Xampp installed to use mysqldump. You just need the mysqldump client.

I just gave him a sample of xampp for mentioning the path of the mysqldump.exe

Also, you can use the -P (port) and -h (host) flags to get a dump from a remote server.

Q2: Can i create a backup of my database just like its being done via cron jobs when i am using it locally on my Personal computer and the backup of my database keeps on saving as SQL file (lets say) in my D: drive??

If you read his question again he had mentioned that to get the dump from the localmachine so he might be not requiring these.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.