Paypal Express Checkout Values

amavadia

Hi all,

I am looking to integrate Paypal Express checkout on my site and have been working with the API today.

I have got the code working in a static state with predefined payment amounts but I am having trouble making this dynamic.

When you first submit a request to set up an express checkout you send the payment amount along with it. The paypal server then makes the checkout and the user is redirected to the paypal site to login and authenticate. From here they click to be redirected back to my site where I have a pay button which when clicked submits the final request to confirm the payment.

I am sure there must be a simple solution to this because so many people use paypal already but when you submit the final confirmation request, you have to send the payment amount again, but because the page redirects onto the paypal page inbetween, I can't use a session variable to store the amount. How have other people overcome this?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.