HTML5 localstorage works on one iPhone iOS 5.0.1, but not the other?

niclas

I've created a web app for iPhone in full screen mode. Since it resets the url each time I re-open the app, I store the last url each time in localstorage. On the next load of the app, it reads this from localstorage.

This works perfectly on my iPhone. When I try exactly the same page on an iPod Touch which is just factory reset, it doesn't work. It doesn't store anything. Both have iOS 5.0.1 (9A405).

My friend tried it, and on his iPhone it doesn't work, but on his iPad it does. All 5.0.1. Also on my iPad, it doesn't work.

Here's another page that uses localstorage, which works on my iPhone, but not on my iPod: http://www.guitarunleashed.com/m/

Open it on your iDevice, search for a song, click it, add to favorites. Now you'll see the song again, if it was saved to localstorage.

So my question is, is there a setting to enable/disable localstorage, and why doesn't it work by default on a newly installed iDevice?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.