Baffled on this one...

elmas156

Hey everyone, I'm getting an error on this code and I'm having a difficult time sorting it out.  Most of this page is in html, but here is what little PHP I'm using as of now:

<select class="ddbox2" name="occasion">
<option value="select" selected>- Select -</option>

<?php

$resdate = "02/20/2012";

$result = mysql_query("SELECT `time` FROM delivery_times WHERE `index` > '0'");

while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {

$posstime = $row[0];

$reserved = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM reservations WHERE `resdate` = '$resdate' AND `deltime` == '$posstime'");
		$rowcheck = mysql_num_rows($reserved);  // <-- THIS IS LINE 198

if ($rowcheck == 0) {

echo "<option value='$posstime'>$posstime</option>";

}

}

?>

</select>

What I'm doing is creating a dropdown menu for an html form depending on what is in my database, but here is the error that I'm getting:

"Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\new_site\custform.php on line 198"

When I change line 198 to read: $rowcheck = mysql_num_rows($result);  I don't get the error, but I don't get the information that I need to complete my task.  I was thinking that maybe this query isn't allowed in a while loop for some reason, but I don't think that would be the case.  Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Finally found the problem!

$reserved = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM reservations WHERE `resdate` = '$resdate' AND `deltime` == '$posstime'");

SHOULD BE...

$reserved = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM reservations WHERE `resdate` = '$resdate' AND `deltime` = '$posstime'");

TOO MANY "=" BETWEEN "`deltime`" and "'$posstime'"

Thanks to anyone who tried to help!

what data types are `resdate` and `deltime` set to in the database?

you are using a comparison operator in your query, change to:

$sql = "SELECT * FROM reservations WHERE `resdate` = '$resdate' AND `deltime` = '$posstime'";
$reserved = mysql_query($sql) or die("Query: " .  $sql . "<br />" . mysql_error());

EDIT: I see that you found the solution, however this should really be done with a join for optimization

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.