Long loading leading to blank screen when try to access admin configuration page

ethereal1m

Dear all,

I just installed Drupal 7, everything works fine except after the installation I cannot access Administration Configuration page. I can access other pages without problem though.

The error was a long page loading, which leading to a blank screen. Could anybody give me a pointer how to troubleshoot this?

I have window7 64, PHP Version 5.2.17, Apache 2.2.21, mysql 5.5.

Best regards,

ethereal1m

I just fixed the problem. There are several issues:

First I got error of "anonymous user try to access" (I got this message by looking at drupal's log. I fixed this by running the following query to my mysql database:

UPDATE sessions SET uid = 1

then put the following line in the settings.php

register_shutdown_function('session_write_close');

The second problem was php max execution time was too low. For some reason it takes a long time to load /admin/config page. The fix is setting the following variable in php.ini

max_execution_time 120

The third problem was uncovered when I execute drupal status report, it is saying that drupal cannot access website, even though it was able to. So I fixed the error by adding the following line in settings.php

$conf['drupal_http_request_fails'] = FALSE;

That fixes the error, and magically fixes long execution on /admin/config page....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.