Hello all!

jonnyhocks

My name's Jon, and I've decided to spend some serious time trying to nail down PHP inside my head.

I'm a front-end developer but have had to learn how to theme up Wordpress websites in work and so that led to my basic understanding of PHP.  Now I want to try and get further into the language so have joined up here to try and work out other people's code etc.

I'd also like some suggestions of mock up projects that I could work on because I find that when you are forced into doing something, that is when it sticks.

Looking forward to it!

My name's Jon, and I've decided to spend some serious time trying to nail down PHP inside my head.

I'm a front-end developer but have had to learn how to theme up Wordpress websites in work and so that led to my basic understanding of PHP.  Now I want to try and get further into the language so have joined up here to try and work out other people's code etc.

I'd also like some suggestions of mock up projects that I could work on because I find that when you are forced into doing something, that is when it sticks.

Looking forward to it!

Agreed -- I wish more people would take that approach.  There are lots of things you could try, for example, a gallery, or wordpress addon you think would be helpful, or pretty much anything.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.