PHP translation of UNIX timestamp 1 hour off - Unable to find root cause

Hello,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with a strange issue that i cannot seem to resolve.

I have a server that is running CentOS 6.2 with Virtualmin as the control panel. It is running PHP v5.3.3.

I am haing an issue where PHP is apparently translating the UNIX timestamp as 1 hour earlier than the actual server time. (The server has the correct time and the date command does output the correct time and timezone.)

I am having issues with countdown timers and other items that rely on the date. (This is causing errors on the sites...) After confirming the server's time is correct, I added the below line to my footer page in a site on the server and when viewing the page source it gives me a timestamp of one hour earlier than the actual system time..

<!-- SERVER's UNIX TIMESTAMP: <?php echo time(); ?> -->

I only have two domains on this box so i then went in and edited the following files: (commented out all the date.timezone lines) to see if this was the issue..

/etc/php.ini /home/domain1/etc/php.ini /home/domain1/etc/php5/php.ini

/home/domain2/etc/php.ini /home/domain2/etc/php5/php.ini

Then restarted apache, and i am still getting the same thing... 1hour off... from the php output from above...

So, I am at a loss on what to do to correct this now. Any help here is really appreciated!

Thanks alot

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.