A question on credit card!

angelali

Hi, I want to know something on credit card processing. I do not have any problem here, but want to know how ca shopping website is processed!

For example, a website is selling shoes online, where people will use either VISA or any credit card to buy, then the shoes will be delivered to the person's place. I want to know, how these credit cards are stored, I mean do these information are stored in the database, the website administrator will take the credit number etc...to get the money from the bank?

If you have to ask, you're not ready to do it.

These are the ways to accept payments:

1)  Paypal or google checkout or some other third party process in front of the scenes, the users are aware.

2)  Aria/Zuora in-line card processing behind the scenes, the users are unaware.

3)  You submit the credit cards to the payment processor (paymentech/authorizenet, etc) directly and store the transaction details (but not the credit card details) in your database.

4)  You store the credit card numbers yourself and send them to the payment processors in batches.  This is how Amazon and iTunes work, and you are nowhere near skilled enough to do this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.