Multiple image upload, resize, crop script

flambo

Hi,

I have a website that in part requires people to upload images - problem is not everyone is going to be photo savvy, so I will need a way to dynamically organise the images.

People will be uploading web friendly images to those taken straight from a digital camera. They are going to be different dimensions, different compressions, different sizes (kb - mb), portrait, landscape etc. My biggest concern is holding large images that consume a lot of server space.

Having a copy of the Hi-res image is not important. I probably will just want to save the image with a flexible height but constrained to around a 640 width and create 2 or 3 different thumbnails from it. (Which will hopefully sort my image size concern?)

Would be nice to give the option to upload multiple images and crop them.

Probably will only ever deal with jpeg but gif, bmp and PNG might be good too.

Ive been looking at a script here http://www.mjdigital.co.uk/blog/php-upload-and-resize-image-class/ which looks very nice and have implemented it for simple things, but gets a little complicated for me when introducing Jquery (jcrop) and multiple image uploads.

Wondered what other (simple) options are out there for a newbie like me or if that script is pretty much as good as it gets? :-)

Many thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.