Help With SQL file

Looktrne

I have a SQL file that won't load into my database

it seems like it is stripped of any code used to install and is mainly plain text. the first line is the fields followed by the data

could someone please direct me on what I need to do to use this type of SQL to populate my database?

"username","email","gender","age","photo1","photo2","photo3","description","country","state_province","city","sexual_orientation","zodiak","bodytype","hair","eyes","ethnicity","education","religion","kids","smoke","drink","income"
"me303","1personsemail@mail.com","Woman",18,"nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","helloe very one i am a verry fun person to be around i like to go out or stay home if i have that special soem one right their with me i am willing to try eveything once so if u want to talk ","US","CT","Denver","Straight","Aquarius","Average","Black","Black","Hispanic/Latino","Some College","No Answer","No","No","Ocasionally","No Answer"
"nice guy","personsemail@mail.com","Man",20,"nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","im smart funny,i like to live life to its fullest.looking for a friend or more","US","MO","cape","Straight","Gemini","Athletic","Blonde","Green","Caucasian (white)","Some College","Catholic","No","Ocasionally","Often","Less than $24,999"

thank you in advance for any advise

Paul

INSERT INTO data (`username`,`email`,`gender`,`age`,`photo1`,`photo2`,`photo3`,`description`,`country`,`state_province`,`city`,`sexual_orientation`,`zodiak`,`bodytype`,`hair`,`eyes`,`ethnicity`,`education`,`religion`,`kids`,`smoke`,`drink`,`income`) VALUES ("me303","1personsemail@mail.com","Woman",18,"nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","helloe very one i am a verry fun person to be around i like to go out or stay home if i have that special soem one right their with me i am willing to try eveything once so if u want to talk ","US","CT","Denver","Straight","Aquarius","Average","Black","Black","Hispanic/Latino","Some College","No Answer","No","No","Ocasionally","No Answer");

INSERT INTO data (`username`,`email`,`gender`,`age`,`photo1`,`photo2`,`photo3`,`description`,`country`,`state_province`,`city`,`sexual_orientation`,`zodiak`,`bodytype`,`hair`,`eyes`,`ethnicity`,`education`,`religion`,`kids`,`smoke`,`drink`,`income`) VALUES ("nice guy","personsemail@mail.com","Man",20,"nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","nophoto.jpg","im smart funny,i like to live life to its fullest.looking for a friend or more","US","MO","cape","Straight","Gemini","Athletic","Blonde","Green","Caucasian (white)","Some College","Catholic","No","Ocasionally","Often","Less than $24,999");

If you got the right table...

I believe that mysql can only insert 1000 rows all at once, so you need to break it up into chunks of 40

example:

insert into my_table (col1, col2, col3) values
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
/* 1,000 ish rows */
('v1', 'v2', 'v3');

insert into my_table (col1, col2, col3) values
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
('v1', 'v2', 'v3'),
/* 1,000 ish rows */
('v1', 'v2', 'v3');

Oh in case anybody wants to see what I used here it is

<?php

set_time_limit(0);
$fin = fopen('mem.csv','r') or die('cant open file');
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'databaseuser', 'databaseassword');
If (!$link) {
    die ('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
@mysql_select_db('databasename') or die ('Unable to select database');
echo "Connection succeeded <br />\n";
while (($data=fgetcsv($fin,1000,","))!==FALSE) {

$query="INSERT INTO `members` ( `username`, `email`, `gender`, `age`, `photo1`, `photo2`, `photo3`, `description`, `country`, `state_province`, `city`, `sexual_orientation`, `zodiak`, `bodytype`, `hair`, `eyes`, `ethnicity`, `education`, `religion`, `kids`, `smoke`, `drink`, `income`) VALUES
('".$data[0]."', '".$data[1]."', '".$data[2]."', '".$data[3]."', '".$data[4]."', '".$data[5]."', '".$data[6]."', '".$data[7]."', '".$data[8]."', '".$data[9]."', '".$data[10]."', '".$data[11]."', '".$data[12]."', '".$data[13]."', '".$data[14]."', '".$data[15]."', '".$data[16]."', '".$data[17]."', '".$data[18]."', '".$data[19]."', '".$data[20]."', '".$data[21]."', '".$data[22]."');";

mysql_query($query);
    echo "Record updated <br />\n";
    }
fclose($fin);
mysql_close();
?>

Paul

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.