can Apache read a user cookie and write the value to the access_log?

tsarvak

Hi everyone -

I don't know a lot about Apache, just started learning about it it this week.
Here's my situation:
We have Apache 1.3 installed on an AIX server.
I want to be able to read a cookie from the user's client PC when they access the website.  This cookie would contain their user Id.  I then want to write the value of this cookie to the standard access_log file.  The purpose of this is to determine which users are accessing our Cognos Web reports and when.

I understand that Apache can write its own user tracking cookie via the mod_usertrack, but I need something that specifically allows me to read this custom cookie containing the user's name.

Help of any kind would be appreciated!
Thanks.

I know nothing about apache! im just on to check for a reply in my post as i just installed 2.2.3!

I dont know if apache can do this, but PHP Can do this easy two its own log file, and then even easier display them to a page for admin viewing withing having to read through hundreds of lines of Text files!

Abydos

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.