Firefox goes the way of IE.. need some help

Failing_Solutions

Ref Site: www. rubberstore .com

A new problem has come up with a recent upgrade to the latest Firefox.

The problem which used to be exclusive to IE 7/8 was when you use the ProductSearch on the bottom of the page hit the search then you use the browsers "Back" button the page shows expired. Which forces you to refresh then retry to get the page to reload.

We fixed the problem in the past for IE by including

BrowserMatch MSIE force-no-vary
#in our htaccess

But there doesn't appear to be an equivalent statement for Firefox.

We also have a page dedicated for ProductSearch, which we were able to use cache private to prevent the problem, however on our homepage (index.php) this is not an option because this page does so many other things.

Has anybody found a way around this issue with FireFox?

Please let me know if my question and issue aren't clear, thank you!

Hi Xyph,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Its a tough one for me, because I'm working inside oscommerce and have to be senstive to its requirements.

I am already posting the form from the index page to the actual product search page, so unfortuantely I can't just use $_GET. The results from the selections on the page are passed to the product search page for SEO purposes, we don't want a bunch o random stuff getting seen on our Index page so we pass it to the product searh page, which isn't a SEO page rather a functionality page. T

I was hopeing there was a Firefox equivlent to the .htaccess fix for IE that would prevent this.

On our site the only time a duplicate post would matter would be in our checkout which is HTTPS so I can put a port check on the statement....

Thanks again, I'll keep digging.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.