Enthusiast Script

I changed hosts recently and a number of my third-party scripts have been broken by the database/database_user change.  The one I'm having the most trouble with is the Enthusiast script (http://scripts.indisguise.org/enthusiast).

Here are the example names I will use for privacy purposes:

Username for cPanel: user

Database user: user_dbuser

I have typed in the db_user and password as instructed, but I keep receiving the same error message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/user/public_html/seras/admin/mod_owned.php on line 1711

The referred line is this:

$info['dbpassword'] );

which is finishing this action:

$db_link_list = mysql_connect( $info['dbserver'], $info['dbuser'],
      $info['dbpassword'] );

Whenever I use a word which is not the password (such as the word 'the') the error message changes to this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'user_dbuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/user/public_html/seras/config.php on line 50
Cannot connect to the database. Check your config file and try again. MySQL said: Access denied for user 'db_user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

As you can see, when I use an incorrect password, the username from the database (which is just the cPanel user plus a name chosen for the database) appears and it says I am using the password.  When I put in the correct password, the user is shortened to the cPanel name.  I've tried asking my host, but they state the problem is with the code and will not help.

Anyone know what may be wrong, or perhaps has a working copy of the code I can look at?  Much obliged for any help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.