Ajax RPG Game Map - With PHP and SQL

XRS

Hello,

I'm developing a web based MMORPG with PHP and flash ( yep, text based games are the best =P ).

I've implemented some flash for the battles ( simple things as my flash isn't pro, but it really works for what I want )

For some reasons, I want the player could "explore" the map. Doing this only with PHP would be an resource eater and my Flash Skills aren't so good to do mapping systems. So I would like to have an Ajax based map, where the player explore the maps ( yeah, serveral maps like plains, dungeons, lakes.. etc ).

Imagine a Pokemon Game for example. The user plays around the field and when it is in specific points, then turn up a button where they can perform some actions that will call the flash ( for battles ) or php for any other options like find items, make quests etc.

There's any best way to do it or anything that could help me in that mission?

I would like to have this feature to make the game feature/media riched.

Waiting for a reply where someone could help.

Edit:

For example, in this online game:

http://static.monstermmorpg.com/images/Screenshots/EN/GamePage.png

The left side we have the map ( the system I want to make ). When the user is over grass, it appears som action buttons in the center ( like battle and so one ). This could be better to you understand how I need to do it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.