Help to make a specific type of online quiz

xxyoyo

So I'm trying to make an online quiz where the user can 'take the quiz' or go to 'module' where the user can edit the quiz. I've tried for days to search through the net for this particular one but I can't find any solutions.

For the quiz I made a comma delimited text file and tried to use that file to make a multidimensional array.

So far I only have the following:

<h2>ONLINE QUIZ</h2>

<ul>

<li><a href='question.php'>Take quiz</a></li>

<li><a href='module.php'>Admin Module</a></li>

</ul>

<?php

$file = fopen ("data.txt","r");

$i=0;

while (feof($file)==false)

{

$line = fgets($file);

$array[$i]=$line;

$i=$i + 1;

}

fclose($file);

session_start();

$_SESSION["questions_array"]=$array;

?>

My question is, how do I turn the text file from something that looks like this:

HTML is...,Main markup language for web pages,Cross-site Security,Cleverly Structured Scripting,eXtremely Safe and Secure,

PHP...,General-purpose server-side scripting language,Cross-site Security,Processing Hypertext Products,Process HTML Prettily

To output something like this:

Question #1

HTML is...

[radio button] a.) Main markup language for web pages

[radio button] b.) Cross-site Security

etc, etc

ll----I will type out the exact plan for this quiz----ll

Main page: module and quiz link.

For the quiz

Question page: Questions only show up one by one.

ex.) What is a dog?

a.) a human

b.) a pet

c.) a job

d.) a car

(Submit button)

Answer page: Once submit is hit, the page goes here, where the user can see whether they answered right or wrong.

ex.) INCORRECT

Your answer: a.) a human

Correct answer: b.) a pet

(continue link)

Note that when 'continue' is hit, the page redirects back to the 'question page' but this time outputs the next question. When no more questions are available, the page automatically redirects to the 'results page'.

Results page: Table of results

For the module

Main: A table of the available questions plus their choice answers

ex.)

Question l choice a l choice b l

[]  What?      cat          toy

[]    How?        rat        pop

etc.

Each row can be selected through a radio button. (so we know which question to edit)

Select option: Drop down list whether to 'add', 'edit' or 'delete' a question. Each choice directs to a different page where you can perform the action. Also, if 'delete' is chosen, a confirmation page should show up. (i.e are you sure you want to delete this file?)

I think that's detailed enough, I'm so sorry for the trouble;;

but please if you don't have the time to help me throughout the whole thing, please help me figure out how to use the text file as a multi-dim array (aka the first thing I asked). I've been dying to know how to do it but I just can't get it to work so I'd really appreciate that!    

Thank you!

I would use something like '*' to seperate your questions so file looks like this:

*HTML is...,Main markup language for web pages,Cross-site Security,Cleverly Structured Scripting,eXtremely Safe and Secure,*PHP...,General-purpose server-side scripting language,Cross-site Security,Processing Hypertext Products,Process HTML Prettily

Then look up the php explode() function . The explode() function breaks a string into an array.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_string_explode.asp

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.